Matcha Quality checklist : Matcha is not the same as powdered green tea.
Matcha is specifically different from powdered green tea.
There are some points to find real authentic matcha.
- Can you trust the tea distributor?
- Is the product made in Japan? - very important
- Growing process: shade grown over 20-25 days
- Best harvest time: Early-mid May first harvest is the best (First flush)
- Properly processed Tencha (tea leaves that make matcha) is used - if Tencha is not used, it is not matcha
- Stone grounded - low speed at 30-40g per hour
- Be aware of the price - cheap "matcha" might not actually be proper matcha. Matcha is a premium product and is quite expensive.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.